[Colorado-talk] FW: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] NABS Mentoring Program

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Fri May 3 13:02:17 UTC 2013

fyi

From: State-affiliate-leadership-list
[mailto:state-affiliate-leadership-list-bounces at nfbnet.org] On Behalf Of
Fredric Schroeder
Sent: Friday, May 03, 2013 4:43 AM
To: 'State Affiliate Leadership List'
Subject: [State-affiliate-leadership-list] NABS Mentoring Program

Dear Colleagues:

The note below is from Sean Whalen, President of the National Association of
Blind Students. As you will see, NABS is offering to help mentor students
(particularly first time attendees) at the national convention. This is an
excellent opportunity. We want to make sure that everyone who attends the
convention gets as much out of the experience as possible. Please encourage
your affiliate students to sign up for convention mentoring.

+++++

Greetings:

The National Association of Blind Students is excited to announce that we
will be hosting a mentoring program as part of the activities for students
at the 2013 NFB national convention, being held in Orlando Florida from July
1 to July6. We will be pairing students up with one-on-one student mentors
who are experienced with national convention and, ideally, share
professional and other interests. I know, this sounds great. But, to make it
work, we need your participation!

We are looking for folks who would be interested in having, or serving as, a
student mentor during the week of convention. When selecting mentees, we
will give preference to first-time convention attendees. But if there is
enough space, we would like to open it up to those of you who have already
attended a convention as well.

In order to be a mentee, you must:

n  Be a high school junior or senior, or a current college or graduate
student (nontraditional students are welcome); and

n  Be available to attend a welcome meeting with us on Monday, July 1 from
6:00-7:30 p.m.

If you want to apply to become a mentee, please fill out a short survey at:

http://nabslink.org/drupal/content/mentee-form

In order to be a mentor, you must:

n  Have attended at least one NFB convention before;

n  Be a current college or graduate student, or have graduated within the
last two years (nontraditional students are welcome); and

n  Be available to attend a welcome meeting with us on Monday, July 1 from
6:00-7:30 p.m., and then be willing to spend some time with your mentee
throughout the week.

If you want to apply to become a mentor, please fill out a short survey at:

http://nabslink.org/drupal/content/mentor-form
<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fnabslink.org%2Fdrupal%2Fcontent%2F
mentor-form%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNFk07WjaSgpvw7_NgwBehjC7WSFvg>

Please share this with your friends or anybody who might be interested.

Thank you for your interest in this new NABS program!

Name: NABS Mentoring Program Announcement.docx
Desc: not available