[Colorado-talk] O&M instructors near Longmont?

Sherry Gomes sherriola at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 12:41:35 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I live in Longmont and am looking to buy a condo, deciding on which one this
week probably. One I'm considering is in a great location, near stores and
coffee shops and all. There's an intersection that is a little difficult for
me partly because I have other disabilities so walk slowly and don't make it
all the way across before the light changes. I have a guide dog but feel
that some work with a mobility instructor to familiarize myself with the
area and possibly find other places to go besides the coffee shop--my
favorite--would be beneficial. I'm pretty much a route traveler, mostly due
to the fact that exploring doesn't work well with my other disabilities, due
to increased pain and swollenness. And just nearly forty years working with
dogs and being used to having a destination all the time. There are also
nice walking paths in the area surrounding the condo complex, so there's
some relaxing walks available for both of us.

All that explanation to ask if there are mobility instructors I can hire at
my own expense to work with me a little bit if I get this condo. You can
write me off list if you want, or answer here, of course. My email address
is

sherriola at gmail.com

Thanks!

Sherry

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."
--Albus Dumbledore, from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone