[Colorado-talk] Have You Signed It, Yet?

Everett Gavel everett at everettgavel.com
Mon Apr 15 03:10:35 UTC 2013

By now I hope everyone has signed the petition to
change the law so that it will no longer be legal
to pay sub minimum wages to workers with
disabilities. If you have not done so please do it
now? It takes less than a minute -- and will help
change the future for the better.

Some of you probably weren't around to vote in
various Civil Rights legislation 50 years ago...

You almost certainly missed out on being able to
change the laws so women *could* vote...

But you don't have to miss out on this change. A
change which many millions of Americans didn't
believe could possibly be true -- but it was and
is -- right here in our own America.

Yes, it's true. Right now companies are legally
using a loophole in the legislation to be allowed
to pay workers who have a disability, workers they
obviously think are worth hiring, a mere pennies
per hour for their work.

We can't call them "sweatshops," really -- because
they're LEGAL! But it's not right, certainly not
any kind of a "Fair Wage," and we're asking you...
I'M ASKING YOU... to please click on the link
below, and add your name to the petition.

Help put these Obstructors of Justice in their
place. Organizations such as Good Will, for
example, pay these pathetic pennies per hour to
the very people they supposedly want to help.
Sign on now, please?

Simply go to
https://www.nfb.org/fair-wages-petition

Thanks for helping to change what it means to be
blind -- or disabled!

May God Bless Your Efforts!
Everett
NFB of Colorado Springs