[Colorado-talk] At Large Chapter Meeting

Jessica Beecham jbeecham at cocenter.org
Wed Jul 18 16:09:12 UTC 2012

Hello Everyone

It is hard to believe that it is almost time for our third At Large chapter
meeting but it is right around the corner.  Last time we almost doubled our
participant count and I want to do it again this time, so if you know ANYONE
who lives too far away or has schedule conflicts that do not permit him or
her to attend in person chapter meetings PLEASE encourage them to become
part of the At Large Chapter.  Our next meeting will be next Tuesday, July
24, 2012 at 7:00pm but please be on the call by 6:55 so that the call can
begin on time.  To get on the call dial 619-326-2700 and enter access code
3566475#.

During this meeting, Chip Johnson, our fantastic technology instructor from
the Colorado Center for the Blind will be on the call to discuss technology
for the blind.  He will give a brief overview of some of the latest and
greatest tech innovations and will then be available to field questions
pertaining to programs and hardware options available for the blind.  Have
your questions ready!

Below, you will find the minutes from our last At Large Chapter meeting.

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

At Large Chapter

6-26-2012 Minutes

Call Participants

Jessica Beecham

Alice George

Cathy Galina

Johnny Johnson

June Mason

Diane McGeorge

Mark Meusborn

Karen Norton

Deserenay Pfaff

Everett Romero

Dana Robinson

Penn Street

Lorraine Thompson

Eric Wodds

Eric Woods shared his "Why I am a Federationist" story.

Mark Meisborn shared his "Why I am a Federationist" story.

Everett Romero talked about the Colorado Organization of Parents of Blind
Children (COPBC) as well as opportunities that are available for parents on
a National level including participation in Washington Seminar and other
advocacy activities.

Colorado Organization of Parents of Blind Children sends out a monthly
e-mail so contact Andrew or Everett to get on the list for this e-mail or if
you have further question about  COPBC.

Contact Information

Colorado Organization of Parents of Blind Children

Andrew Trunfio

303-778-1130 ext. 305

 <mailto:rjharrell at gmail.com> copobc at gmail.com

Everett Romero

ernationwide at yahoo.com

 <http://www.nfb.org/parents-and-teachers>
http://www.nfb.org/parents-and-teachers

The following link will allow you access to Future Reflections which is a
magazine for parents of blind children.

 <http://www.nfb.org/future-reflections-0>
http://www.nfb.org/future-reflections-0

The following link will allow you to add yourself to e-mail discussion
groups.  You can join the National Organization of Parents of Blind Children
list and be connected with the National organization.

Diane McGeorge talked about the Colorado Seniors Division.  In Colorado we
have a seniors division that meets at the state convention.  We will have a
meeting at the state convention in Boulder Colorado on October 26-29.  All
of the seniors on the call are invited.  At the Colorado Center Diane
volunteers at the senior program with 4 groups meeting throughout the metro
area and 2 meeting at the Colorado Center for the Blind.  Skills are taught
and seniors participate in a discussion group.

Colorado Senior Division

Diane McGeorge

303-321-4268

rmcgeorge at comcast.net

National Senior Division

http://www.nfb.org/seniors-brochure

The following link will allow you to add yourself to e-mail discussion
groups.  You can join the National senior division list and be connected
with the National group.

Jessica Beecham discussed Colorado Association of Blind Students, their
regular meetings, and the seminars that they conduct.  Eric Woods also added
valuable information about the multiple layers of CABS including tips for
social interaction and more.

Colorado Association of Blind Students

Antonio Rozier, President
478-998-2420 or 720-389-9773

 <mailto:arozier at cocenter.org> arozier at cocenter.org

National Association of Blind Students

The following link is to the National Association of Blind Students (NABS)
web page.  You will find the Slate which is the newsletter that NABS puts
out.  You will also find contact information for the board and regional
representatives.

  <http://www.nabslink.org/> http://www.nabslink.org/

Jessica Beecham

Chapter and Community Development Coordinator

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

2233 West Shepperd Ave.

Littleton, CO 80120

 <mailto:jbeecham at cocenter.org> jbeecham at cocenter.org

303-778-1130 extension 223