[Colorado-talk] upp date on

james triplett jamestriplett at comcast.net
Mon May 31 03:26:49 UTC 2010

Here is an update on Jan Triplett.  She is doing much better physically and
her faith has increased as well!  Please continue to keep her healing in
your prayers.  Her bed sore is not so good, but the other health
implications are improving.  She has been moved to the third floor, south
wing Room 3306.  She enjoys visitors! See below for details.

Hello Southside,

Jon and I just got home from being with Joe and Janet at Porter Select.  We
are very encouraged by the marked improvement today from the last two days.
She seems to be in a lot less pain, a little bit more lucid though her
thought flow is still a little bit incoherent, and when Jon, Joe and I
walked in she was eating food.  She ate about

1/3 of her lunch tray which is more than she has tolerated in two days; and,
she is drinking water.  She knew all 3 of us when we walked in and carried
on choppy but pretty light-hearted conversations with all of us.

 The antibiotics seem to be working on the bladder infection.  Her white
blood count was way back up again today but the doctor said that that was
probably more to do with the deep infection in the bed sore.

According to the doctor, the infection in the bed sore is going to be its
"own animal" to deal with.they are going to remove the wound vac from her
sore tomorrow to see how it's doing - so pray for good news.

Another praise is that her spiritual state is the best Jon, Joe or I have
ever seen it.  She is wanting Jesus, Jesus, and more Jesus in her life and
it seems that, even in her pain, God has put an increased urgency for the
gospel in her heart.  She has a great burden for the folks in the hospital -
staff, patients, families - where she is and kept asking Jon, Joe and I over
and over to "please pray for this place".  She asked Jon to read Scripture
after Scripture to her and even in her still somewhat incoherent state, she
would start quoting from memory the passages of Scripture Jon was reading at
the pace he was reading it.  We would like to thank you for praying with us
for the Lord to increase and strengthen Janet's faith.  Today, it was very
apparent to the three of us that God is answering that prayer for Janet in a
mighty and abundant way.  She even asked for the last month's worth of Ken's
sermons to listen to at the hospital.

She has been moved to a different room at Porter Select.  It is a "higher
observation" room for patients that need more intensive nursing care.  It's
getting more nursing attention without being in ICU so visitors are still
very welcome and very appreciated.  She is now in the third floor, south
wing, Room 3306.

God is doing great things in this situation so please keep praying!

In Christ Alone,

Tiffany Cook