[Colorado-talk] Colorado Center for the Blind

Jennifer Stevens jstevens at cocenter.org
Tue Aug 25 21:14:43 UTC 2009

Last chance to get your tickets to the funniest show in town!

The Colorado Center for the Blind wants you to laugh out loud and raise
money to support blind children.

Each summer we open our doors to over 40 blind children and teens.  They
come here to learn the skills needed to succeed in school, get a job, and to
live an independent life just as their friends do.  They learn to read
Braille, travel with a cane, cook meals, go to amusement parks, play video
games and hang out with friends.  But best of all they learn that blindness
is just a small part of who they are.  These summer programs often make the
difference in their belief that they can be "normal".  Our goal is to teach
these skills as early as possible.  As there is no public funding for our
elementary school age program, we must raise all needed funds.  Please help
us with a donation or by purchasing tickets to this year's event:

Improv Under the Stars

Featuring Denver's Favorite Improv Group:

Impulse Theater

Saturday, August 29, 2009

7:00 - 10:00 p.m.

Colorado Center for the Blind

2233 W. Shepperd Ave

Littleton, Colorado 80120

For just $40 you will be treated to the funniest show of the year, an
auction with items from restaurants, theaters, local merchants, airline
tickets and fantastic vacations.  You will also enjoy fabulous food, drinks,
and entertainment from "Stray Dog".

 Tickets on sale now; call Jennifer Stevens to reserve your seat at (303)
778-1130 x214 or email jstevens at cocenter.org.

Please help us pass the word, feel free to forward the message to friends
and family, they won't want to miss this show.  Remember, all proceeds
raised go directly to support programs for blind children.  If you cannot
attend but would like to make a donation to our children's programs, please
call, email or mail a donation to Colorado Center for the Blind, 2233 W.
Shepperd Ave, Littleton, CO 80120.

Thanks for your support.  See you on August 29th.

Jennifer

Jennifer Stevens

Director of Community Development

Colorado Center for the Blind

2233 West Shepperd Ave

Littleton, CO 80120

(303) 778-1130x214

jstevens at cocenter.org

 <http://www.cocenter.org> www.cocenter.org

The Colorado Center for the Blind is a non-profit where we go beyond skills
training to provide blind citizens with confidence, self-reliance and the
opportunity for a full and fulfilling life.