[CCCNFBW] Fwd: [clccb] Fare Restoration: January 2024

Merribeth Greenberg merribeth.manning at gmail.com
Tue May 2 22:41:08 UTC 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Merribeth Greenberg <merribethgreenberg at gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:03 AM
Subject: Fwd: [clccb] Fare Restoration: January 2024
To: Merribeth Greenberg <merribeth.manning at gmail.com>

Beth Greenberg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Merribeth Greenberg via wcblists.org <merribethgreenberg=
gmail.com at wcblists.org>
Date: Tue, May 2, 2023 at 11:00 AM
Subject: [clccb] Fare Restoration: January 2024
To: Betty Fitzpatrick <mamamacbear at gmail.com>, Chris Higley I. C. E. <
chrishigley13 at gmail.com>, <clccb at wcblists.org>, Tim Breitenfeldt <
timothyjb310 at gmail.com>

Fare Restoration: January 2024

C-TRAN is proposing to begin restoring fares following a fare reduction
that was implemented in 2022 and extended through 2023. The fare reduction
was implemented to help support the community as it transitioned out of the
pandemic; however, as we continue our path forward, C-TRAN has made a
commitment to conduct annual fare reviews in support of our current service
and future growth. If approved, the proposed fare increase will take effect
January 1, 2024.

Single ride:

Current adult/cvan $1

Proposed $1.25

Honored current 50 cents

proposed 60 cents

Daily cap

current adult/Cvan $4.25

proposed un changed

Honored current $2.50

Proposed unchanged

Monthly cap

Adult current $62

Cvan current $59

Honored current $28

proposed unchanged

There is also in the table chart information about regional
proposals options 1 and 2 and express prices. It is a lot of info to put
into regular text, so I did not translate that information. You can see it
if you go to the below website.
Why restore fares now?

C-TRAN is committed to reviewing its fares on an annual basis. Our review
process was originally scheduled to begin in July of 2023; however, with
TriMet’s annual fare proposal occurring earlier in the year, and the
potential impact it may have on Regional fares, C-TRAN opted to begin their
process a bit earlier in support of this partnership and to provide clarity
for the riders who use both transit systems.

If you want to leave feedback or to see the these fares in a table chart go
to:

January 2024 Fare Restoration (c-tran.com)
<https://c-tran.com/fare-restoration>
Beth Greenberg
_._,_._,_
Links: