[CCCNFBW] changing to a Spring NFB of Washington convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 17:32:59 UTC 2023

Good Morning!

There are changes in the works and we would like to hear from you ASAP. Due to rising hotel costs, scheduling issues and greater flexibility, the NFBW Board of Directors is considering changing our state convention from the Fall to the Spring. More hotels are booking conventions a year in advance. In the history of our affiliate we have switched from a Spring to a Fall convention. Nothing in our constitution prohibits this. We believe this move would benefit our members and our affiliate.

Negotiations for hotel space have brought this issue to the forefront with some urgency. We discussed this at our February board meeting last night and are moving ahead with these negotiations. We would welcome any feedback you may have on this. Please send comments to Marci Carpenter at <mjc59 at comcast.net <mailto:mjc59 at comcast.net>> or call her at 206-604-5507 by this Thursday, February 16.

Thank you,

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
206-604-5507
mjc59 at comcast.net
www.nfbw.org

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of all blind people. Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they want.