[CCCNFBW] Fwd: Dark dining experience now available in east Vancouver at Wyld Pines

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 15 17:51:18 UTC 2023

These dining in the dark experiences, whether they are a unique event or something ongoing like this restaurant often lead to reinforcing the stereotypes blindness and the sense of fear and dread which most people associate with blindness.
Resolution 2012–04 clearly states the Federation position on such experiences:

https://nfb.org/sites/default/files/images/nfb/publications/bm/bm12/bm1208/bm120814.htm

This might be a good opportunity for this Chapter to contact the restaurant to find out if they would be willing to provide some of our literature t9 their staff and patrons and/or for the chapter do training with their staff.

Marci Carpenter