[CCCNFBW] FW: Great news to share with members

kkipp123 at gmail.com kkipp123 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 16:04:31 UTC 2022

Yes, this is great news.

From: CCCNFBW <cccnfbw-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Corey Grandstaff via CCCNFBW
Sent: Saturday, March 19, 2022 8:59 AM
To: 'Clark County Chapter, NFB of Washington List' <cccnfbw at nfbnet.org>
Cc: corey.grandstaff at gmail.com
Subject: [CCCNFBW] FW: Great news to share with members

This is some information Matt received while meeting with local legislators.

We are pleased to announce historic investments in our state’s home-based long-term care services. The increase to $24 million for case management rates will allow us to hire many more case managers, providing better support for our clients living in poverty with disabilities and relieving the moral distress and burnout our staff experienced juggling crippling caseloads.

The increase to $58 million  invested to raise the in-home personal needs allowance will allow thousands of citizens  to get care at home, which is always their preferred choice, and to keep more of their monthly income to pay for housing, food and other basic needs.

This is great news when we can always put more dollars back in the pockets of our seniors and those with disabilities while also strengthening the foundations of our caregiver network.