[CCCNFBW] Important Opportunity for Chapter Participation

ripcitymatt at gmail.com ripcitymatt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 6 03:13:09 UTC 2021

Good evening everyone, happy convention weekend to you all. Please see an
important announcement below for a compensated opportunity for the chapter
to give feedback on the interstate bridge replacement program. This will be
the first large attended session for people with disabilities so it would be
best to have as large of a contingency there. Let me know if you have any
questions and please also let me know if you intend to attend in addition to
registering below.

Address: 8207 NE 12th Street Vancouver, WA 98664

Phone: (360)980-2385

Email:  <mailto:team at activateinclusion.org> team at activateinclusion.org

ACTIVATE INCLUSION TO CO-HOST LISTENING SESSIONS FOR THE IBR PROGRAM

By: Nikki Palm

October 28th, 2021

Vancouver, WA - Activate Inclusion and the Washington Advocates of Deaf and
Hard of Hearing are excited to announce a joint listening session, centered
on the experiences and needs of people with disabilities within the
Interstate Bridge Replacement Program area. This event will allow
participants to become familiar with the Interstate Bridge Replacement
project, how IBR is centering equity within its program and through
community connections and this session will allow participants to share
ideas and feedback about the project and its trajectory.

The I-5 Bridge, which connects Oregon and Washington, is structurally
deficient and in need of a replacement solution that will solve the problems
which exist today while identifying the needs of future generations within
our communities. These solutions are rooted in understanding the needs of
the spectrum of multi-modal options for traveling between communities across
the bridge and how each mode can impact communities of concern. We need your
feedback and experiences to guide how the IBR Program will respond to the
needs of communities with Disabilities and the need for accessibility and
inclusion in this transformational project.

Friday November 19th, 2021 @ 3pm

Our joint listening session will take place on Friday November 19th, 2021,
starting at 3pm local Pacific time. Our session will be scheduled for 90
minutes and participants will receive compensation of a $35 Gift Card for
their full participation.

This listening session is ideal for:

- Individuals with Disabilities
- Professionals, community leaders or those supporting people with
disabilities
- Families, friends and allies of people with disabilities

Event Details

This event will take place on the Zoom platform and registration will close
on Tuesday, November 16th. To register, please navigate to the registration
form, which is linked below. You will receive a confirmation with the Zoom
meeting details and we ask that you prepare to arrive 5 minutes prior to the
start of our session in case of any technical difficulties. ASL interpreters
will be on hand throughout our session and we will be sharing program
materials upon request. If you have any questions or requests concerning
your participation, please contact us by phone or by e-mail and we will be
happy to assist you.

Register Here

<https://parametrix.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJYvdeGrrT4iE9cxO0yTf4ZZuuVv-Bj
fXJuW> Register Now For IBR Listening Session