[CCCNFBW] Announcement from Disability Rights Wa

Betty Fitzpatrick mamamacbear at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 00:28:19 UTC 2020

Thank you. I signed up. Betty

From: CCCNFBW <cccnfbw-bounces at nfbnet.org> On Behalf Of Matthew Hines via
CCCNFBW
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2020 8:16 AM
To: Clark County NFB <cccnfbw at nfbnet.org>
Cc: ripcitymatt at gmail.com
Subject: [CCCNFBW] Announcement from Disability Rights Wa

Please see the announcement below from Anna at DRW,

Greetings,

I wanted to reach out because we're in the process of launching a new
transportation focused
program<https://www.disabilityrightswa.org/programs/disabilitymobility/>
within Disability Rights Washington.

The core of the work will be focused on building a base of disabled and
other transit-reliant people from across the state who can work together to
highlight some of the transportation challenges we face, and to get changes
both at the local level and for statewide policies and transit funding.

We'll be supporting some local campaigns - like sidewalk snow removal in
Spokane, or missing pedestrian infrastructure in Skyway. We're also engaged
with some statewide policy advocacy, and I'm thinking it would be really
incredible to start by recording short videos with transit-reliant people
from across the state about the way they travel around their communities.

We have a couple of options to get involved - you can sign up to our text
message list by texting "Better" to 21000. Or you can sign up to our email
list
here<https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sign-up-for-disability-mobility-initiat
ive-updates?source=direct_link
<https://actionnetwork.org/forms/sign-up-for-disability-mobility-initiative-
updates?source=direct_link&> &>. We've also created a private Facebook
Group<https://www.facebook.com/groups/dismob> for transit-reliant
Washingtonians.

We're still figuring out the best way to do this organizing, and so we want
to hear from you if you're interested in participating, and what the best
ways to communicate would be for you if one of the suggestions above don't
work.

It would be terrific if you could help spread the word to other
blind/disabled folks you know who might be interested in this work.

Thanks!

Anna

Anna Zivarts

She/her