[CCCNFBW] Membership and convention

Marci Carpenter mjc59 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 5 03:46:06 UTC 2020

Hello,

There are two things you need to do in order to vote at our upcoming virtual national convention. First, you need to pay your dues so we will know who has the right to vote at convention. If, for some reason, you have not yet paid your membership dues please contact your local chapter president. If you are not a member of a local chapter but wish to join the National Federation of the Blind of Washington, you can pay your $5 yearly dues via PayPal at payments at nfbw.org and attend our June Members At Large chapter meeting next Thursday, June 11, at 8 PM Pacific and be voted in as a new member. We must have a record of your payment of dues by Monday, June 8. If you are one of the many who’ve already paid your 2020 membership dues that’s great!

The second thing you need to do in order to vote at the convention, and also to receive detailed information including special convention offers, is to register for the convention by June 15. Registration is free and the registration form will only take a minute or two to fill out. Here is the link to the registration form: https://www.nfb.org/registration

We want all members to be able to participate fully including voting on resolutions and in our elections. Again, make sure your dues are paid by June 8 and that you are registered for the convention by June 15. We hope to break last year‘s convention attendance record of 100 attendees from our Washington affiliate!

Stay safe and take care,

Marci Carpenter, President
National Federation of the Blind of Washington
206-604-5507
mjc59 at comcast.net

Sent from Marci's iPhone