[CCCNFBW] March Chapter Meeting Recap

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 09:13:05 UTC 2019

Please read below for a recap of today's chapter meeting

The C-Tran CCAC Meeting will be held March 26th

The chapter held a discussion regarding the City's Columbia bike lane
project between Mill Plain and 4th Plain.  We will seek further details from
city planners regarding any concerns we may have.  If we need, we will make
public comment on our position in a letter.

The WSSB talent show was a success.  We thank everyone who planned and
participated and we hope more members can join a celebration of student
talent at WSSB next year.

Next WSSB event is the Ice Cream social for students on Thursday April 11th
from 6pm-7pm.  Please let the chapter know if you plan to volunteer and
attend.

Our Uncork for Braille wine and cheese fundraiser is now set for Sunday May
5th from 2pm-5pm.  Tickets are now on sale and if you would like to help
sell tickets, please contact President Grandstaff.

We are currently seeking in-kind donations from companies and service
providers all over Clark County, if you wish to help gather donations or
silent auction items, please contact Bob Sellers, the committee chair.

Doug has volunteered to head up Gee Creek for 2019.  The dates are August
10-11.  If you wish to volunteer for a shift, please contact Doug by May
15th, 2019.

Anyone needing assistance with scholarship and grant applications for
national convention should contact Corey or Matt for assistance.

Those wishing to attend national convention who are seeking financial
assistance should reach out to President Grandstaff for more information.

There will be no BELL Program in WA for 2019.

Special thanks to Patricia and Ray for all their hard work and dedication
for our Uncork for Braille event thus far.

Special thanks to Beth for helping set up WSSB student job shadows at the
Hilton downtown, we could not do it without you.