[CCCNFBW] Annual Planning Meeting Notes

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 08:26:07 UTC 2019

For those interested and for those who could not attend, here is a copy of
the annual planning meeting summary from today.  Please let me know if any
corrections need to be made.

2019 Annual Planning Meeting

March 9th, 2019

We recapped the goals we set forth in 2018 at the planning meeting.  This
included recruiting 10 new members, we recruited 6 in 2018.  We set a
fundraising goal of $6,000.00 for 2018, we raised an estimated $3,000.00.
We planned to hold 4 outreach events at the School for the Blind, we held 4
events in 2018.

We began by discussing fundraising

We set a goal as a chapter to continue the Uncork for Braille wine
fundraiser

We   set a goal as a chapter to hold a 2nd fundraiser at a craft beer
brewery

We set a goal as a chapter to continue the holiday raffle

We set a goal as a chapter to continue Gee Creek

We set a fundraising goal of $5,000.00 for 2019

OUTREACH/MEMBERSHIP

We set a goal for 2019 to bring 10 new members to the chapter.

We set a goal as a chapter to hold 2 events with the post-secondary program
at WSSB (LIFT)

We set a goal as a chapter to hold 4 events at the school for the blind.
Events include Career Fair, Welcome back ice cream, bowling and talent show.

We will coordinate a welcome back social for parents and students at wssb to
introduce ourselves.

We will reach out to WSSB outreach for NFB events and to provide literature.

We will reach out to DSB to bring them up to speed on our chapter/Newsline
education

The chapter decided to continue its support of the blind/visually impaired
employed mentor program we have established with the school.  We will
continue to support this program with people and financial resources.

We agreed to participate in the Hazeldell parade if we have a banner and a
vehicle in place.

We set a goal as a chapter to access and go through braille monitor
subscription lists for potential new members.

PHILOSOPHY

The Chapter set a goal to have a different person host a 10-15 minute
philosophy discussion at each month's chapter meeting.

Kay agreed to host first philosophy in April.

The chapter set a goal for people to bring ideas/questions/concerns before
the chapter for discussion to encourage participation and expanded
philosophy.

The chapter set a goal to implement more NFB Philosophy discussions as
planned by different individuals.

OTHER TOPICS

The chapter agreed to begin a trial period of hosting meetings at
alternative locations.  We will begin in April of 2019.  First meeting
location TBA.

We will keep the current meeting time until we decide whether to pursue a
new meeting location.

Meeting Adjourned,