[CCCNFBW] State legislative update

mjc59 at comcast.net mjc59 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 7 05:06:34 UTC 2019

We had a good day at the legislature. Thank you to Jacob Struiksma who made the trip down to Olympia with me. It was also a big legislative advocacy day for people with other disabilities.

As of 3 PM today HB 1706 had not come up for a floor vote. It was on the calendar but they often have more bills on the calendar than they end up voting on in a day.

We had very positive meetings with several Senators and Representatives. We also got some great ideas for putting together an NFB of Washington Legislative Advocacy Day.

I will keep all of you posted on further developments with our legislation. Keep those phone calls and emails coming!

Thanks,

Marci

Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App