[CCCNFBW] Feedback please

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 14:59:42 UTC 2019

Good morning all, hoping some of you may have some insight to share. I am consulting with a company and We're having some discussions here about how to mark-up a chemistry tool and wanted to get some perspective from  screen reader users but also preferably someone familiar with basic chemistry notation (like H2O). The issue is whether to use MathML or write out a formula (as in "H 2 O") given the limitations of MathML in browsers as well as with representing chemistry.  I think we need to be mindful not only of screen readers but of the braille display for this as well.

Matthew Hines

Matthew Hines