[CCCNFBW] Uncork for Braille Planning Notes January

Matthew Hines matthewhines984 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 00:16:56 UTC 2019

Hello everyone, please see the notes from the meeting below and let me know
if you have any questions.

Event: 5th Annual Uncork for Braille

Where: Cellars 55

When: Sunday May 5th, 2019 from 2pm-5pm

Meeting Attendees: Sara, Matthew, Corey, Kay, Bob, Ray and Patricia

Bob started the meeting by providing a sample contract to the committee.
Ray reviewed the contract and a short discussion followed.  Corey will
coordinate the contract with Michelle at Cellars 55.

Discussion on raffle baskets followed.  In-kind donation letters will be
passed out at planning meetings and chapter meetings and will be distributed
on the list serve.  Everyone will seek in-kind donations from targeted
businesses.  Individuals will send what businesses they intend to approach
to Matthew as well as what items were provided to us upon receipt.  Kay,
Sara and Pattie and other volunteers will coordinate the creation of the
baskets after receipt of all items.  Suggested to take place at Corey’s
House the week prior to the event.

We will continue to seek donations in the general categories of gift
cards/certificates/experiences as well as home made items, entertainment
items, pleasure and relaxation items, consumable items and other unmentioned
possibilities.

Our intention is to attempt to incorporate a silent auction into this year’s
event with the hopes that we can secure between 6-10 large ticket items.
Bob and Sara will survey event location to see if the space is feasible for
a silent auction.  We will make more informed decisions on the silent
auction as we get closer to event and we can gauge how many large ticket
items we were able to accumulate for the silent auction.

Matt will coordinate our social media campaign for the event on Facebook and
through online community event websites.  Matt will also develop promotional
material for the event including name and event blurb to be sent out and
approved by committee.  Matt will provide finished product to Corey for
printing.

We will purchase business card style tickets to give to people purchasing
tickets.  Ticket sellers will gather name of ticket purchaser, contact phone
number or email or both.  Send name, phone and/or email to Corey for record
keeping. If someone is purchasing a large number of tickets, take down main
point of contact and tickets can be picked up at our will call station at
the registration table. Main ticket contact can distribute tickets to
attendees upon arrival.  Ticket purchasers can buy tickets over the phone
with a debit card/credit card by calling matt at 360-980-2385 and then can
be picked up at will call as well.

We will use the same ½ and ½ raffle tickets for our basket raffle.  Tickets
can be purchased at the door or from mobile ticket sales people who walk the
event.  We take cash and card at table.

Corey will inquire about getting flowers donated again.

Bob will arrange a performance by the sun city players.

Next meeting to take place on Feb 22nd.

Adjourned