[Cccnfbw] February 19th meeting revisited

Don Mitchell donmi at q.com
Fri Feb 20 04:00:08 UTC 2015

Hello all,

That was a very active meeting. I enjoyed being there. I do want to express
my concerns about the tenor of the meeting. I want to see unity in our
chapter. I hope the strong feelings expressed will not chase away any of us.
I think we all need to grow thick skins. I also think that each one of us
needs to take upon us the responsibility of forging unity in the chapter. If
an issue is causing a lot of waves we need to referrer it to committee. That
might mean forming a committee to look at the issue, or taking
responsibility upon ourselves to talk to persons concerned outside the
meeting to try and work out things.

I worry that meetings like this one and our November meeting might
discourage persons from participating.

I feel that the organization and its aims are more important than our
personal views. If we are unsure of what to do talk to our state president.
If she can't give us a solution talk to our national president.

I don't think it is healthy to wade in the same wavy water every meeting.
Let's find some resolution and come to a state of unity.

Don Mitchell

---