[Cccnfbw] Social Security

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Tue Dec 29 22:35:47 UTC 2015

I just got my Dec. 2015 Braille Monitor in the mail in the article regarding Social Security it said there would be no cost of living increases in 2016.  This applies to those receiving SSI, SSDI and Social Security Retirement.  If you receive SSDI you can still only earn $1820 (if you qualify as blind) gross per month and still be eligible for your benefits.  This amount did not increase this year either.  There was a very good article covering all aspects of Social Security in regards to the blind starting on page 827 in the Dec. 2015 Braille Monitor.  The article is by Parnell Diggs, the NFB's Director of Government Affairs.