[Cccnfbw] Fw: Another Amazing Volunteer Opportunity at WSSB

Kaye Kipp kkipp123 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 23:35:27 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
From: Adrienne Fernandez
Cc: Steve Lowry ; Sean McCormick ; Hans Michielsen
Sent: Thursday, October 03, 2013 2:43 PM
Subject: Another Amazing Volunteer Opportunity at WSSB

WSSB Coffee Shop Looking for business savvy Volunteer(s) Barista or Customer Service Experience would be awesome too

                The WSSB Coffee Shop (AKA - Lion's Den) will be reopening later this fall with a slightly different spin-it's hours will be in the afternoon/evening.  Coffee is typically a palate pleasure of the morning, but the rationale behind the changed hours is intended to provide greater employment experience and generate more business while operating in conjunction with after school activities and community user groups.  One afternoon/evening a week there will be an open mic for students.  Our goal is for students to develop skills in customer service, money handling, business management, marketing, and employability skills.  Students will work toward independence running a small business-Volunteer (s) will provide limited support to student workers with the basic functions of operating a coffee shop.

Please let me know if you are interested and feel free to share this opportunity with friends and family who may be interested in becoming a volunteer at WSSB and joining in on this awesome opportunity

Sincerely,