[Cccnfbw] {Disarmed} Fwd: Vancouver Freight Alliance Endorses Prop 1!

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Tue Sep 27 01:08:12 UTC 2011

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Preserve Our Buses Campaign" <info at preserveourbuses.com>
To: goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 1:17:52 PM
Subject: Vancouver Freight Alliance Endorses Prop 1!

Preserve Our Buses

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

September 26, 2011

DONATE TODAY!

Local freight businesses join the coalition to pass Proposition 1

VANCOUVER – The Vancouver Freight Alliance has endorsed Proposition 1 to save local bus service in Clark County.

Citing the critical role transit plays in Clark County’s economic health, the Vancouver Freight Alliance came forward to endorse a proposal that would save critical bus service that serves thousands of residents, helping people get to jobs and easing congestion at the same time.

“Moving freight and goods efficiently is the backbone of our local economy,” said Walt Keeney, Co-Chair of the Vancouver Freight Alliance. “Bus service helps freight movers by easing congestion on our roads. Transit is a big part of ensuring our transportation system by getting commuters out of their cars during rush hour and Prop. 1 is a big part to ensure we get our local economy moving again.”

Prop. 1 would increase the local sales tax two/tenths of one percent to protect existing C-TRAN bus service. Without Prop. 1, C-TRAN would likely have to cut service by 35%, leading to the elimination of Sunday and holiday service.

Cuts would also include the elimination of some routes and a dramatic reduction of service hours, eliminating server either late in the evening or early in the morning.

“I have employees that work all hours of the day, said Bob Byrd, Owner of Pacific Die Casting in Vancouver. “These employees count on transit to get them to their jobs and without Prop. 1 they will have lost their way to work and we all hurt when our neighbors are out of work.”

The Vancouver Freight Alliance represents more than 80 businesses that move goods and freight throughout the Vancouver/Portland metro region. More than 50% of those employed in Clark County work in the freight-generating industry, moving 32 millions tons of freight per year. With their endorsement, the Vancouver Freight Alliance joins a large and growing, coalition of neighborhood, business and labor leaders who support Prop. 1.

###

PreserveOurBuses.com | Privacy Policy | Unsubscribe

Paid for by Keep Clark County Moving
1111 Main St., Suite 400, Vancouver WA 98660