[Cccnfbw] considering moving to Vancouver, Washington

Mario Eiland eilandms at insightbb.com
Thu Nov 18 23:12:39 UTC 2010

Hello fellow NFB of Vancouver,

My name is Mario and I am considering moving to Vancouver, Washington.  However, in order to make this big decision I have several questions that I hope you can help me out with.

1.  Is there a local paratransit system there?  If not, how can one best be an independent traveler?  For example, going to the grocery store, going to the local NFB meetings, etc.

2.  If we decide to make the move.  How is the price of housing?  For starters, a two bedroom home or apartment?  We would be moving from Louisville, Kentucky.  Could one live on making $50,000 a year confortably?

3.  Are there Christian private schools there?

4.  In which area of Vancouver would you recommend a family of four to make their first home?

Regards,
Mario