[Cccnfbw] Braille reading program

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Tue Sep 22 04:28:53 UTC 2009

With respect, what guarantees will we have that kids will show up for
more than one or two meetings? I was initially quite enthusiastic about
reading projects with WSSB but, frankly, haven't seen a great deal of
encouragement from WSSB staff for students to participate. The first
meeting or two are always well-attended. But as soon as the birthday
parties and more interesting social events get underway, our reading
project always seems to be put on the back-burner. Such behavior tends
to dampen my enthusiasm somewhat.

On the other hand, it would be super-cool if we could get WSSB to
encourage participation in our Braille Readers are Leaders contest.

Mike