[BlindRUG] BRLThis() Question

JooYoung Seo sjysky at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 03:26:01 UTC 2015

  Hello Dr. Godfrey,

  I have installed MikTex and tried again, but unfortunately, the issue was
not resolved.

On the other hand, I was able to successfully produce pdf with braille font
embedded, using the following personal script which is from my colleague.

  Please advise me how I can produce pdf like this using BRLThis
functionality as well.

  Our script is as follows:

##I assume you have already Braille Normal font and GhostScript installed in
your Window machine.

#Sys.setenv(R_GSCMD="C:/Program\ Files/gs/gs9.16/bin/gswin64c.exe")

library("extrafont")

# since you already have the font installed on the system, you don't need
the following

#font_import(pattern="BRAILLE1.ttf", paths="C:/Users/Admin/Downloads/fonts",
prompt=FALSE)

# the following enable PDF files to use the installed fonts

loadfonts()

# produce the PDF

pdf("output.pdf")

par(cex=1.2, cex.main=1.2, cex.lab=1.2, cex.axis=1.2, mar=c(5,5,3,2),
family="Braille Normal")

#Sample Graph

attach(trees)

hist(Volume, probability=TRUE pch=20)

lines(density(Volume), col="black", pch=20)

dev.off()

detach(trees)

# embed the font

Sys.setenv(R_GSCMD="C:/Program\ Files/gs/gs9.16/bin/gswin64c.exe")

embed_fonts("output.pdf")

# code ends here

Appreciatively,

       JY